• Payment of a deposit or full booking fee confirms you accept all the terms and conditions on this page.
• You must be aged 18 years or over to attend a tour/workshop.
• If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com.
Booking and Payment
• Bookings are on a first in, first served basis.
• A deposit of $300 NZD is required at the time of booking. This is an administrative fee and non-refundable except as outlined in our Cancellation and Refund Policy below.
• The balance payment is required at least 60 days prior to the tour/workshop start date.
• Only when full payment is received will your tour/workshop registration be guaranteed.
• If we don’t receive full payment at least 60 days prior to the tour/workshop start date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
• We’re open to discussing part instalments of the balance payment; this is purely at our discretion, but please contact us if this is the only option that works for you.
• All payments must be made via Online Bank Transfer or Paypal.
• Repeat customer: If you’ve undertaken a tour/workshop with us before you’re entitled to a 10% discount on any upcoming advertised tour/workshop.
• We don’t offer discounts if you choose to only attend part of the tour.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation by you:
• All cancellations must be made in writing to @purephotoadventures.nz.
• If you cancel and we manage to refill your spot we’ll provide a full refund, minus the non-refundable $300 deposit. However, please note we can’t guarantee we’ll fill your spot.
• If we don’t manage to refill your spot the following refunds will apply depending on the time of cancellation:
o At least 100 days prior to the tour/workshop start date: full refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable $300 deposit
o Between 100 and 60 days prior to the tour/workshop start date: 50% refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable $300 deposit
o Less than 60 days prior to the tour/workshop start date: No refund.
Cancellation by us:
• Although an unlikely event, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone a tour/workshop at any time. Some reasons we might do this include (but are not limited to): weather, guide illness, too few participants, natural disasters, Government-issued travel restrictions (e.g. COVID19), and other reasons beyond our control.
• If we cancel the tour/workshop, all payments made will be refunded to you less the non-refundable $300 NZD deposit and less your share of any fixed or committed costs which we have incurred in arranging the cancelled tour/workshop.
• If we postpone the tour/workshop to a later date, one of the following options will apply:
o we will credit any payments you have made to a future tour/workshop less your share of any fixed or committed costs which we have incurred in arranging the postponed tour/workshop, or
o we will refund you any payments made less the non-refundable $300 NZD deposit and less your share of any fixed or committed costs which we have incurred in arranging the postponed tour/workshop.
• In the extremely unlikely event a tour/workshop needs to be terminated during the course of the tour/workshop (for example, a COVID19 travel restriction comes into effect), we will work through a fair and reasonable partial refund solution with you. The amount of the refund will depend on how far the tour/workshop has advanced and other related circumstances. @purephotoadventures.nz is not responsible or liable for any costs you incur following the termination.
• We don’t hold insurances for your personal circumstances, including but not limited to your tour/workshop fee, personal travel (for example, flights to and from the tour/workshop), medical, and personal items.
• We strongly recommend you obtain:
o travel insurance to cover you in the event of a tour/workshop cancellation by either you or us, or for any emergencies and any other reasons beyond our control
o medical insurance to cover you for your personal health needs
o appropriate personal and third-party insurance for the cover of damage or loss of equipment and property.
• We do not accept responsibility, liability or any expenses for insurance related costs incurred by participants in preparation for or participation in a tour/workshop.
• Where weather conditions or forces of nature restrict or prohibit tour/workshop activities we reserve the right to alter the itinerary and substitute alternative activities.
• We also reserve the right to change the itinerary should photography opportunities be better suited elsewhere for non-weather related reasons.
• You acknowledge that landscape photography is subject to many variables including but not limited to environmental conditions that cannot be guaranteed.
Fitness, Health & Behaviour
• You must assess your own level of fitness for the tour/workshop you join.
• At the time of booking, and immediately prior to the tour/workshop, you need to make us aware of any medical conditions, health or fitness related issues that could affect the outcome of the tour/workshop for yourself or others.
• If at any time we assess your medical conditions, fitness or health will affect the outcome of the tour/workshop for yourself or others, we reserve the right to release you from the tour/workshop. Refunds will be considered in accordance with our Cancellation and Refund Policy above.
• Inappropriate behaviour or actions that disrupt the tour/workshop or the rights of other participants will not be tolerated. In this case the offending participant will be released from the tour/workshop with no refunds given.
• If you choose to use any of the photography gear supplied by @purephotoadventures.nz or our supporting partners, although it is insured you are responsible and liable for paying up to and including the excess value for any damage, breakage, loss, or theft of that gear.
Waiver of Liability
• We’ll work incredibly hard to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience during the tour/workshop. However, because of the nature of photography and the environment we’ll be exploring, there will always be the potential for certain risks, unforeseen circumstances and dangers to arise, and we accept no responsibility, liability or expenses caused by these. These can include but are not limited to: injury, death, illness, accident, quarantine, strike, damage or loss of equipment and property, and expenses of any nature.
• Similarly we accept no responsibility, liability or expenses incurred due to unforeseen delays. These can include but are not limited to: weather, natural disasters, theft, criminal activity, political disturbance, failure of transportation to arrive on time, and airline scheduling.
• At the beginning of the tour/workshop you’ll need to sign a waiver confirming that you:
o Have received a health and safety induction from us
o Accept there are dangers involved in outdoor pursuits and photography
o Accept delays, change of schedule, and inconvenience are possible due to unforeseen circumstances
o Have disclosed any medical conditions that could impact your safety or the safety of other participants
o Have the required level of fitness for the tour/workshop
o Have the appropriate insurances for your personal items, medical needs, and travel arrangements plus any other cover required (of if you have no insurances accept those risks)
o Carry the appropriate gear, clothing and personal items as required for the tour/workshop
o Voluntarily assumes all risks and will hold @purephotoadventures.nz harmless from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, claims, debts, and demands which arise in connection with the tour/workshop.
• During a tour/workshop we may take photographic or video records in which you may appear. Such material may be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to our website and social media channels.
• If you do not wish to appear in any promotional material please advise us at the time of booking.
• We collect the personal information you have supplied during the booking process, including your name and contact details. We collect this personal information in order to complete the booking process and to allow us to maintain our relationship with you prior to, during, and after the tour/workshop.
• You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.
• Your personal information remains private with us.